Thursday, October 15, 2009

Long awaited (but slightly needed) update on life.

Lands, it's been a long time since I even considered writing a post on this blog here... But apparently this domain is getting a view ever now-and-then. That's nice.
The thing is, in the writing/updating world, Logan's priorities go as follows:

1. Social Networking and forums (Facebook, Myspace, & Absolutpunk)
2. Swimming lesson cards (Worst part of working at the Ammon Pool)
3. Writing Michael the missionary (Even though I only did that twice in the past six months)
4. Job and school applications (Both have been succeeded)
and then, 5. Updating/thinking about this blog.

This summer was much like the past nineteen summers of my life, but I suppose I could emphasis some things. Well, now that I think about it, it's October. It's not summer at all...

My Ammon Swimming Pool:


Yes, that's right, MY Ammon Pool. Dear God, I love the Ammon Pool! My summer job, my summer life, my year-round sanctuary.
This summer started out cold. Very cold! It didn't snow on us like last summer, but it as chilly in it's own right. But, as always, despite the low temperatures and early mornings, I loved "working" at the pool.
This summer was shaping up to be a very uncomfortable ten weeks, but thanks to great coworkers and a decent amount of compartmentalization, this summer was way better than I could have imagined. First of all, I was very upset that Arianne wasn't working at the pool this year; scared there would be no one to goof around and be myself with. Thankfully, Megan and Genna were at the pool to artificially fill the gap that Arianne contributed to my pool life. And I can't lie, I was very nervous that awkward silences and uneasy moments were in store with the ex girlfriend/coworker. It ended up not being a problem at all.
I taught some awesome new kids, and I taught a lot of my regulars. I coached the swim team again, and even took some private swimming lessons that I really enjoyed. That's a first! Compliments were given more often than complaints, and that is always a plus.
The staff was great, the children were pretty awesome, and even the parents didn't give me too much trouble. I will never forget my summer at the Ammon Pool for many reasons.

Unfortunately, this could have been my last summer spent at the pool. However, after six years, I still don't feel like it's my time to leave my chlorine-scented abode. I'd love to spend another summer, but who knows where my life will be in eight months. I feel like I should be preparing myself for some drastic changes.
No matter what, whenever I am upset and within an hour drive of the place, you'll find me sitting on those benches. It's a frequenter for me. Even during snowy nights at 4:00am.




Those friends o' mine:


Everyday is a good day for friends! I had so much fun with old friends and new friends this summer. And even though the activities of each summer never change, the jokes change and my appreciation has changed.
However, an awesome new activity that we did a few times this summer was exploring Wolverine Canyon! I had so much fun driving, hiking, singing, and screaming through the accidentally discovered canyon. We only when to Wolverine three or four times, but some of the most vivid memories of this summer, for me, take place in Wolverine Canyon, or on the way to the dirt road.
And of course, we held true to the summer traditions that have formed over the years. Calm afternoons at the Land of Myst, late nights at the Green Belt, movie nights in Mego's basement, Ash's and my summer jam (You Found Me by the Fray), Big Judd's at the end of the season, ect, ect, ect. I've learned that it's those small things that mean the most to me when I think about the relationships I have with my group of good friends.
I felt like I gained stronger relationships and understanding with all of my old friends in one way or another this summer. Ash and Rachel in particular.
At the begining of the summer Ash was the only one that cared to listen to the eneasy emotions that I felt in my heart. After my break up, Ash was the first person I talked to because I know he is a good and compassionate listener. It may not seem like a big deal to him, but I will always be thankful to him for alowing me to cry to him over the telephone.
I was with Rachel quite a bit this summer, especially near the end. I like how she trys to get into my head but still can't understand where I'm coming from a lot of the time. Don't worry, no one does... Not even me a lot of the time. She shared stories with me and gave me adivse that I will never forget, and listened to me rant and rave about essentially nothing. Thanks for listening.

Also, I met some new friends that became a huge part of my life. Megan Jae Riggs, specifically. I swear Megan and I were meant to meet years ago, but unfortunately we didn't meet until four months ago. We know so many of the same people, and just happened to be at a lot of the same events. Let's blame it on fate.
You are one the most genuine people I've ever met in my entire life. When you have something to say, you say it, and you stick by you opinion. From the day I met you, I could tell that you were a compassionate person. What did we do the first day we met? Talked our lives for five hours. Family, friends, love, lose, likes, hates. You said things to me that I needed to hear, and you asked questions that needed to be asked. I learned a lot about myself this past summer thanks to you.
You opened me up to a lot of new music, new beverages, new literature, and most importantly, new views on life. You truly made my summer unforgettable. Thank you so much.

So friends, let make it to next summer! Let go of the silly things, and remember to keep the future in mind. We're all at this point in our lives where we're deciding who we'll become. The thing that you do today are going to directly affect tomorrow. I love you all, and I am unbelievably thankful for friends that I feel comfortable enough with that I can say "I love you" to every time I leave a car. You're all great!


Surprisingly, or maybe unsurprisingly, I was planning on writing a lot more in this entry. Unfortunately, it's 5:16am and I still haven't got any sleep. Hopefully I'll write here again sometime in the next four months!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to read nice things about friends/yourself.
    Where the hell am I in that group picture? I know I was there...Oh, yes. I must have been with the dog.
    That dog...loved her.

    Anyway, update your damn blog a little more, and one day - - I will finally understand Logan Christopher Meyers.

    ReplyDelete