Friday, November 13, 2009

Two years of changes

So, if you are even slightly involved in my life, there is a very good chance that you know that one of my very best friends, Michael, is coming home from serving his LDS mission in about two weeks. It's great! It's exciting! And of course, Geremy and I cannot stop talking about it!

Michael's a great friend, and it would be easy for me to write an entire post about him, but that's not the meaning of this post. This post is about me, to be honest. Michael's return has really got me thinking about how things have changed in the past two years. It's kind of crazy to think about, and I will kindly outline some changes for you right about.... NOW:











----------------------------->
Age 18 all the way to age 20!





Initially, I don't feel like I've changed too much as far as appearance goes. I mean, I do have some tanner skin, but I mean, still own the shirt that I am wearing in 2007. There are a few differences. During the past two years, I've bone through quite a few hair cuts. There were points when my hair touched my shoulders, and then there were recent times when my hair was no longer than 1/4" long... Not to mention that my hair line has receded since 2007. Also, to years ago, I wouldn't have even considered putting holes through my ears; since then, I've had holes in my ears as big as 1/2" in diameter!
My favorite appearance difference: mustache! Although I still can't grow a decent mustache, before I could barely sustain peach fuzz. This recent picture definitely does not do any justice to my facial hair, but everyone knows that my mustache is awesome, and I started rocking it hard shortly after Michael left.

Friends and relationships have changed quite a bit as well:






---------->
GO!






... I can't find a picture that clearly represents all of the people I hang out with now.
First of all, what seems to me, Kenzie wasn't dating James. In fact, I had no idea who James was at this time two years ago. Another thing that seems crazy to me is the fact that I entered and exited my first "real term" (This is my blog, I can make up terms) relationship... Then I entered and exited again.
I lived in Logan, Utah, but when I was in Idaho Falls, I would almost always hang out with Ryan, Geremy, and Ash. Of course that hasn't changed... Except for the living in Logan, Utah part, that has changed. But something that is significant is that all of my best friends (with the exception of Michael) was living in Idaho Falls. Now I have wonderful friends in Idaho Falls, Missoula, Boise, Pocatello, Logan, Salt Lake City, Orem, Provo, Seattle, Boston, and other places, I'm sure. Maybe that's why I don't have a picture of all my great 2009 friends. Something that is quite surprising to me though, is that none of us got married. Actually, maybe that's not surprising at all, but it seem like everyone else is getting married... So why not us, right?

Various achievements:














When Michael left, I was a music major at Utah State. Ha! No, I did not ever take a single music class at USU, but it seemed like a good major when I applied. Haha! Since then, I have declared an Art Major, declared a Park & Recreation Minor, interned for the USU Park & Rec Department (lolz), dropped that Park & Recreation Minor, gained a Graphic Design emphasis, transferred all my credits to USU-Brigham City Extension, graduated with an Associates of Science in General Studies, applied and got accepted to Utah Valley University, transferred all my credits to UVU, and got accepted into the Digital Media program. Wow! Haha! My course of education has changed very drastically.
Let's not mention forget to mention that Ryan, Ash, Kenzie, Rachel, and a lot of other people have graduated, and quite a few people have started college or changed colleges. Hailey was at Paul Michelle Hair Academy when Michael left, now she goes to Salt Lake Community College... or something like that. And two years ago Megan was going to USU and now she is going to UVU. Kenzie is at ISU and Rachel is at... MSU? UofM? I don't know... Which ever one is in Missoula. Ha!
Just about all of us have gone through multiple jobs. In the past two years I've worked at ShopKo, the Ammon Pool, and Best Buy. Most of us have gone through multiple housing situations. Since Michael left, Geremy lived with his dad, now he's been living on his own for over half a year! Two years ago, I lived in Oakridge Apartments in Logan, lived with my parents, lived at Edge Hill in Logan, and now I'm living with my parents again.
Something that I think is cool is that my older brother got married. Two years ago Jaren didn't even know who Joann was!

Other things that I think are cool:
  • iPods were just being released with touch screens
  • Juno, Sweeney Todd, and I Am Legend hadn't even hit theaters yet.
  • President Obama hadn't formed the "Yes We Can" slogan.
  • Brittney Spears hadn't shaved her head bald and then somehow make a great comeback.
  • Heath Ledger was alive.
  • Hollywood writers were striking.

This stuff may or may not be interesting to anyone but me, but lands! I feel so old when I look back on the past two years. A lot has changed, but I still feel the same. I guess that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment