Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Sagaciousness- Day 5

I decided that I want to do something special for this blog on Sundays... I mean I do live in what the mormons call "Zion", and Sunday is the "Sabbath". So doing something special on Sunday only makes sense.

NOW INTRODUCING: Sunday Sagaciousness!

Sagaciousness:\Suh-gace-ee-us-ness\;(N.)-
1. the ability to make good judgment.
2. the trait of forming opinions by disguising and evaluating.
(Yeah, I just went to a thesaurus and found the most ridiculous "S" word I could find to get my point across)

So, on Sundays, I'm going to give a bit of insight on my inner most thoughts and feelings to allow you guys to be sagacious about my life. And, I hope, you'll return that favor by making discussion in the comments, and allowing me to be sagacious about your lives. Sound good? I think so. I think I'm going to look forward to Sunday, if this works out right.

The main tool that I'm going to use to help me do this is PostSecret. Never heard of PostSecret? Go here: www.postsecret.com Welcome to your new favorite website. The basic premise of PostSecret is this: people anonymously send their secrets (written on postcards) to a blog owner, and this blog owner posts them online.
I've been visiting PostSecret for over two years now, and I've found that these secrets can be very relatable. During these years, I've saved my favorite on my harddrive, and only allowed three or four people to look through these.

On Sunday (sagaciousness), I'll post one of these postcards and explain (vaguely or in detail) what the statement means to me. Keep in mind, I've experienced a lot during the past two years, and these cards document some of my emotions at that period in time. I may or may not feel the same today.

I hope this is fun and interesting as a reader and a friend.
Let's get started!


(Since it is the first week, I'll start off slow.
I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so I'll resist using names.)

I love this one. Not only for the message, but also for the great photo.
I've had people in my life that help make me feel comfortable in my own skin. People that encourage me to be myself, and motivate me to continue on the journey of accepting every aspect of myself.
I'm very thankful that I don't have a monotonous desire to harmonize with the stereotypical idea of "acceptable." And I'm even more thankful that I have great friends (and family) that reinforce that desire.

I hope that you have someone in your life that helps you feel like you don't have to conform to the "social norm." You can be yourself, whoever that may be.
Furthermore, I would like to offer myself to be that person that helps you feel comfortable with yourself. Alway know that you don't need to conform when you're around me.

1 comment:

  1. I approve of this message. one should only conform when trying to fit in with a pride of hungry lions.

    ReplyDelete