Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New year, new people, hardly a new person.

It's 2011, and we're still alive. That alone is reason enough to celebrate.
People find many reasons to set goals for themselves, but one of the biggest excuses for someone to resolve their problems or flaws is beginning a new year. It's strange how people do that, but I'm kind of glad people do. It makes January seem a little more productive. I've got a few resolutions of my own; all cliche:
  1. Become 100% financially independent from my parents.
  2. Get in shape. Eat healthy and gain some muscle mass.
  3. Create a social support group in Orem, Utah (friends).
  4. Be completely honest with people that deserve honesty.
  5. Create some music. Write, record, post on the internet.
I'd say that's pretty reasonable. I think I can do it.

I'm happy to say that resolution number three is already in full swing. I had an outstanding New Years Eve with a group of about fifteen people I just met within the last month or two or less. It was really great.
The night included eating at the California Pizza Kitchen. Overpriced food/mediocre food. It's a place I would not have chose to go, but sitting at a table gave me a chance to know these new people a little better. It was a good dinner. Afterward, we headed to Salt Lake City, to a place called Studio 600. Studio 600 is a "dry" dance club (no alcohol). Utah. It was fine, but honestly, I've never been to any sort of dance club. I don't really understand how people can enjoy dancing when they're not stumbling and slurring all over the place. Oh well, to each their own. Also, this placed was packed to the brim with the kind of people that would audition for "Jersey Shore: SLC Version"... I love people watching. Despite this, I had a blast. It was pretty fun and exciting when the clock hit midnight, and the room went wild. Once everyone else was done dancing around, we went up to a house in the Salt Lake City foothills and had a hot tub party. It was so awesome.

Well, yeah. I rambled a bit. But, yeah. I had a great time on New Years.
I do miss everyone in Idaho Falls though.

No comments:

Post a Comment