Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 2- OH MY LANDS!

One blog down. They only get worse from here, so don’t get too excited.

“Day 2-The meaning behind your Blog name”

My blog name is omylands because ohmylands was taken.

Is that good enough?

No?

Okay.

Well, when I first had the idea of creating a blog, I had no idea what I wanted to write about. Shortly after having this writer's block, me and my girlfriend at the time “called it quits.” I suddenly had something to write about. Something that shouldn’t be shared on the internet. So, I thought, “I’ll just create a secret blog!”

Essentially, I wanted a blog name that had minimal ties to me, but very indirectly. I wanted to make it so that if a friend stumbled upon this site, they could use the clues to figure out that it was me, but not be able to prove it.

“Oh my lands” is a phrase that I adopted during my sophomore year at Utah State, and said it at least 55 times a day. Everyone hated it so much… Or at least everyone wanted to hate it. It was just too funny to hate.

After about five posts in this secret blogging realm, I got sick of writing for no one but myself, so I deleted the personal posts, and posted my URL on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment