Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Days 17, 18, 19, 20, & 21- I guess it's time to catch up.


Hi reader(s). Just in case you were wondering, I didn't care about posting for the past few days. I'm pretty far behind on my internet stuff for the week. I'm eight videos behind on my YouTube Subscriptions, three albums behind on my new music releases, five blogs behind on my blog (obviously), and I still haven't seen the box office numbers for Harry Potter (although I hear the numbers will disappoint me).
I've been "busy," but now I'm "unbusy." So, I'll try to write up some quick excerpts. Starting at 17:

"Day 17- Someone you would like to switch lives with for one day and why."
This is kind of tough. Should I choose someone I would like to know more about? Or should I choose someone that lives an exciting life?
I think I would choose the later. But I would be a little more selfish about it. I wouldn't just choose someone that lives a "lavished lifestyle," I would choose someone that could provide me (my real life) with great opportunities. Maybe someone as simple as Casey Bates. Casey Bates is a audio producer in Seattle that has produced some really great music.
During the day that I spent as Casey Bates, I would set up (real life) Logan with an internship at my record studio. Then in my (real) life, I could drop out of college, move to Seattle, work with a great producer, meet contacts, network myself, and basically live my (real) idea of "the dream."
Yeah, I'm selfish, whatever.

"Day 18- Plans/Dreams/Goals You Have"
In a round about way, I answered this in "Day 17," but since I get asked this on a daily basis, I think I'll reiterate myself, and add quite a bit more detail.
Whenever I meet someone new, or talk to someone from my past, education is always brought up. Maybe because I'm in college, but most likely because it's easy "small talk." After I tell these people I am going into audio production, I get one of two comments: "Wow. Thats ambitious." or "Ohh... So what are you going to do with that degree?" I admit, both comments are appropriate.
Here is the uncondensed version of "what I'm going to do with that degree": As a senior in the Digital Media program at UVU, you are required to be involved with an internship. I plan to take this time to work with live music. Working for some sort of venue, stadium, theater, etc. At this point, it will mostly likely be with the Maverick Center in West Valley, but I'm not too set on that considering I'm a year and a half away from being a senior.
After that internship is over, and I have graduated as a result, I plan on getting far, far away from Utah Valley. (I would love to take a year here to live in Missoula, Montana. Great city, great atmosphere, great people; I'm just afraid there won't be any work for me here.) Ideally, I would like to live in Seattle (or Chicago if I must. I have never visited either of these places). Hopefully, once I'm in Seattle I can find a venue or (ideally) a record studio that will hire me or offer me an internship. I would climb the corporate latter from there, and someday have enough skill, enough contacts, and enough money to create my own record company. Then I would live happily ever after. (Keep in mind, this would be my "dream." I'm allowed to have high hopes when it comes to dreaming.)

"Day 19- Nicknames you have and why you have them"
Most of the nickname I have originated at the Ammon Pool. No one even ever called me Log until Jessica Hall and Stormie Hulet started the trend. I love that nickname. Other pool nicknames that I love: Log-in, Log-anne, Log-in diddly dog-in, Lifeguard Logan, and (my favorite) LoGOD.
Nicknames from my childhood (pre-Ammon Pool) that I hate: Loggy, and Loogy.
Nicknames from my childhood that I love: Hulk Logan.
More recent nicknames: Lobster Logan and Logzorz.
I've got good nicknames.

"Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future"
Oh. You may have noticed that in "Day 18" I completely neglected my personal life. Mostly because I'm not concerned with marriage at all. There definitely was I time in my life that being married fascinated me, but now, I'd rather not experience it.
One thing I do know is that I would love to be a father.

"Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy"

This guys a pretty good example:

No comments:

Post a Comment