Thursday, February 10, 2011

Political Compass- Day 12

Despite the fact that my Philosophy class (Ethics & Values) is at 8:30am and I may or may not have failed the first test this week, I do kind of enjoy this class.
Basically, in this class we hear different theories of what makes good things good, and what makes bad things bad. It really makes you think a lot about what you believe and why you believe it, which is why I really like this class. This week, we started talking about polotics! It's been awesome, and had created the second most heated debates in our class (right under God, of course).
Earlier this week, we were told to go online and take the "political compass test," which I knew nothing about, and still don't know a ton about. Above is a picture of my result. I'm told that what it basically means is that I prefer a government that has very limited control over social and economic aspects in a citizens life. And I think that sounds about right.
Today in class after everyone had their results, we went through the test again and took the test as a class by a raise of hands.
Two things I learned: First, I am the most anarchist person in my philosophy class. Second, it makes me feel superior when, in class of 40 students, I am the only person to raise a hand in favor of "strongly disagree" when answering the question, "A person cannot naturally feel homosexual."
Get me out of Utah County, please.

If you want to take this test, go to http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Let me know what your results are.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?????? Good heavens....or should I say good hell! I had no idea being so much like you would make me so different in such a place. I've never been a Utah fan. If only Logan, UT was Logan, ID.

    But more importantly... I love Logan M. just the way he is :))))

    Thanks for having my back.

    ReplyDelete