Monday, February 14, 2011

Valencrimes Day- Day 15

(fyi: click on the picture to see an larger version)

Today is the fourth anniversary of the first self portrait I ever drew. And every year since then, I draw a self portrait on this day.
I usually have plenty of free time on Valentines Day, which is, actually, fine with me. I'm not the type of person to get wrapped up in the significance of a certain date. I'm the kind of person that would rather sit back and let it casually come to me. Maybe this is a bad attitude to have when it comes to romance.

This self portrait is the first self portrait that I've done since March 2009 (Yeah, yeah. I bailed, and didn't do a self portrait last Valentines Day). I've hardly picked up a pencil since I graduated from Utah State, unfortunately; however, I am satisfied with this drawing. I've been looking at a lot of Jason Sho Green sketches lately, and I think it really shows (google "Jason Sho Green"). The text says, "I can decide, while I'm alive, I'll feel alive. And what's next? ... I guess I'll know when I've gotten there." It's from a song called "Brook & Waxing" by a band called WHY?
It's a line I think about a lot, and I feel pretty strongly for it.

I hope you like it. Maybe I'll post more drawing here... Well, maybe I'll draw more.

1 comment: